Thursday, October 09, 2008

another entry


Hi:


I had forgotten completely that I had started this blog until today. I will try to make regular updates. I had noticed that other artists on the wetcanvas website were creating art blogs here, and I thought that it might be good to join in.
Here is a pastel painting I worked on after I had started it a few years ago during Kim Casebeer's workshop. I still have a few tweaks to make to it, but it is mostly finished. The image is in soft pastels on a 300lb rag cold press watercolor paper, that I think I coated with Golden's Fine Pumice Gel, and the image itself is about 14x16 inches. This is from a spot in the Flint Hills close to Alma, Kansas. It was a completely beautiful day.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Paula, this one is really gorgeous!What a beautiful spot, and you've rendered it well. I hope we see more blog posts from you now!