Tuesday, November 04, 2008

MidAmerica Pastel Society Small Painting Show


Yesterday, I submitted my entry into the annual MAPS Small Painting Show at the R.G. Endres Gallery at the Prairie Village City Offices at 7700 Mission Road in Prairie Village, Kansas. This show will run from 11/3 to 11/26 and the opening reception will be 11/7 from 6-8pm. If you are in the area, please feel completely welcome to stop by anytime during this show to view the lovely works by MAPS artists. The paintings are all 8x10 or smaller and the frames are no larger than 14x16, and at least 80% soft pastel. I think all are for sale, and usually the prices are really reasonable for some wonderful works.
This is my entry which I titled "Overcast Afternoon". It was painted from a spot close to Alma, Kansas in the very lovely Flint Hills. This photo is actually from a not quite finished painting. My spouse made a nice oak frame that I patined to have a transparent golden finish that still allows the wood to show through. I will try to take another photo of the painting and post it later.

1 comment:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Very nice!
Positive mention of the Kansas Flint Hills always gets my attention.
Hope your readers will stop by for a visit; a truly distinctive place!

Dr. Bill ;-)

Personal Blog: http://flinthillsofkansas.blogspot.com/

Our 22 county Flint Hills Tourism Coalition, Inc. promotes experiential tourism visits to the Kansas Flint Hills – the website is: http://www.kansasflinthills.travel/