Sunday, November 16, 2008

Something different

Hi:

The other day, I happened to watch a little video on cool technology for kids, and saw 'GarageBand' - an application that allows a user to add musical loops and possibly record their own voice or instrument. That looked so cool, I poked around the web , and of course, it only runs on macs (or on Windows Vista), so I found a similar application called MixMaster 4. I downloaded a demo version, and it is so cool. It comes with many different musical loops, and you can mix and match, and add effects like distortion and reverberations, so of course, I had to play with the hip hop, disco, and some techno sounds - I thought it would be maybe fun to try to make little tunes to walk to - in this application it's nothing to change key or tempo. Well, I tried to upload a version of my tune in mp3 format, but this application fussed - I'll see if I can upload a version of it later or maybe a video with the tune.

No comments: